This guidance aims to inform our patients and customers on the purpose of personal data collection and use.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest, for the provision of healthcare and treatment and the management of healthcare systems. A pharmacist is responsible for the confidentiality of your information.
How we will use your data
The information you provide us with will be used to deliver pharmaceutical products and service for which it is intended. We may be required to share your data with your GP, others in the wider NHS and as part of our contractual requirements.
In addition your data may be used to:
- Enable us to deliver a pharmaceutical service.
- Contact you to help us deliver a service and/or resolve a query
- To assess and ensure the quality and safety of the services we provide now and in the future.
- Provide information in order to develop future products or services
Your consent regarding the use of your information is given by your use of pharmacy services and any terms and conditions applicable to the particular service you are accessing.
Your data and third parties
We may share or discuss your data with appropriate parties involved in:
- Your care – including, your GP and others in the NHS. This is to ensure the service we are providing to you are appropriate, to help improve pharmacy services we provide and to improve patient safety.
- Management: to ensure we maintain appropriate professional and service standards and that your declarations and ours are accurate.
- Our payments: We may share your data with NHS Business Service Authority, the wider NHS and the local authorities (when needed) who check the accuracy of our payments.
How long do we keep your personal data
We will hold your information for as long as advised by the NHS and/or required to do by law.
How to opt out of disclosure of your information
If you would like to refuse consent for your information to be shared, for example with other healthcare professionals involved in providing care to you, it may limit the care that can be provided to you. You should advise the pharmacist of your wishes and discuss the potential implications on your care or treatment.
Keeping your data up to date and requesting copies of the data held about you
- Please contact the pharmacy if you would like to update your details.
- If you have a query about your data, which is not covered within this guidance, or if you would like a copy of the data held about you, please contact either:
- The pharmacy on : 0115 987-57-60
- Or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We are happy to help and provide any further information you may require.